Cloud Computing refers to storing and retrieving data over the internet from a network of remote servers. Cloud provides several IT services, such as servers, databases, software, virtual storage, and networking. In simple words, it is an online platform that allows you to store and access your data over the internet without any restrictions. In 2022, Cloud computing is used to store 60% of the world’s corporate data.
Cloud service providers allow you to store and retrieve data and operate applications, managing them through configuration portals. Some leading cloud service providers are Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and IBM cloud.
Businesses increasingly use cloud computing platforms for various reasons, including cost savings, faster and more efficient operation, security, and a higher level of productivity.
One of the most valuable things about these services is that they may help everybody, not just huge businesses. These platforms may be used for various personal and professional projects, including Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Database Management, and many more.
Let’s dig into the details of each of these cloud platforms.
Azure cloud computing platform allows you to access and operate cloud services and resources provided by Microsoft. These services and resources include storing your data and changing it, depending on your requirements.
Following are various uses of Azure.
- Application development: It helps you create any web application in Azure.
- Testing: When an application is deployed on the platform, you can test it.
- Application hosting: After testing, it helps you host the applications.
- Create virtual machines: Azure can help you create virtual machines in any configuration you want.
- Integrating features: Azure lets you integrate virtual devices and directories.
- Collect and store metrics: Azure allows you to gather and store metrics to help you find what operates best for you.
Microsoft Azure offers enhanced flexibility, security, disaster recovery, and service efficiency. The platform is cost-efficient and is primarily used by various IT companies for its improved infrastructure.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform provides over 200 featured services from data centers around the globe and is the world’s most comprehensive cloud platform.
AWS is an online platform that offers flexible and cost-effective cloud computing solutions. It is an extensively embraced cloud platform that provides several on-demand operations to help the business scale and grow.
AWS offers a user-friendly programming model, architecture, and operating system that is easy to use.
- Cost-effective service:
AWS provides a very cost-effective service. There is no need to spend extra money to run data servers by AWS.
- Billing and Management:
It offers billing and management for the centralized sector, hybrid computing, and fast installation or disposal of your application in any location.
Cloud services like AWS provide organizations with computing power, content delivery, and other capabilities for scaling and developing their business.
Google Cloud platform
Google cloud platform offers reliable and highly scalable computing services to its users. These services allow users to compute and store data and help developers create, test, and deploy apps. Google cloud platform covers application, storage, and cloud computing for backend, mobile, and web solutions via the internet. Over four million apps trust and use the forum.
- Quick Access to Innovation and Higher Productivity
- Google’s Investments in Security Protect Consumers
- It provides flexibility and full control to the user
- Google Cloud Allows Quick Collaboration
- The user gets Higher Uptime and Reliability
- Less Disturbance When Users Adopt New Functionality
It helps to control costs only for executing computing with sustained-use discounts and obtaining massive profits while implementing devoted-use discounts.
However, there are a few services that Google Cloud offers less than Azure, but they are still adequate for all your IaaS and PaaS needs.
IBM Cloud offers a suite of cloud computing services that provide both platforms as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
This can help organizations deploy and access virtualized IT resources such as computing power, storage, and networking.
With IBM Cloud PaaS, based on the open-source cloud platform, IBM cloud services are used to create, manage, operate and deploy various applications for the public cloud and local or on-premises environments
IBM helps to automate resources enabling business workflows to be automated using IBM Cloud Pak.
It also offers various computing resources and serverless computing on which enterprises can host workloads.
Provides a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases, data querying, warehousing, and migration tools.
It offers services to integrate cloud and on-premises systems or applications.
Cloud Computing platform benefits
Regardless of which cloud computing platforms you use, they offer multiple benefits to any business. The following are some listed benefits of the cloud.
- Cost savings: Cloud computing helps to reduce costs as it allows businesses not to need to build their own IT infrastructure or purchase hardware or equipment.
- Scalability: It also offers greater flexibility to businesses regardless of their sizes. Cloud computing provides extra bandwidth, computing power, and storage space. Enterprises can seamlessly scale up or down computing resources depending on their needs and budget.
- Security: Data security is a significant concern for any business today. Cloud service providers offer advanced security features like authentication, access management, data encryption, etc. Cloud securely stored sensitive data.
- Mobility: As we all know, cloud computing allows users to access data from any device, anywhere, and anytime via the internet. With information conveniently available, businesses can remain operative and productive even on the go.
- Disaster recovery: Data loss and downtime can cause unrecoverable damage to businesses of any size. To ensure business continuity, major cloud platforms are well-equipped to withstand unexpected disruptive events, such as hardware/software failure, natural disasters, and power outages.
HazenTech specializes in cloud enablement services and has optimized many companies’ operations and computing resources with the right and customized solutions. The cloud resources and custom integrations we provide allow us to help our clients improve their business processes.
To learn more, get in touch today! Visit Us: Hazentech